It’s Sunday night and I am trying to wrap my head around how I want to launch this new unit. The most frustrating thing about teaching a new curriculum and a new unit is that you are left in the unknown. How you begin the unit often times dictates how well they process the rest of the unit, so the foundation has to be constructed mostly right.
Well, instead of focusing on what I don’t know, I’ll focus on what I do know:
- They will start with essential questions that are stems from the overarching unit’s essential question.
- They will share their viewpoints with each other.
- They will take notes when necessary.
- They will (hopefully) understand the major unit concepts.
- They will leave my classroom with a load of glee for learning…